How to Clean Your Silicone Bongs for Optimal Use (And Keep the Party Going!)
Silicone bongs are all the rage these days and for good reason - they're durable, easy to clean, and can withstand all the wild party shenanigans you can throw at them. But, like any smoking device, they can become dirty and sticky over time. And let's be real, no one wants to smoke out of a dirty bong. So, let's get down to business and make sure your silicone bong is always party ready!
- Hot water (preferably hot enough to make a cup of tea, but not so hot that you burn yourself)
- Isopropyl alcohol (at least 91%, but we recommend 99% for maximum cleaning power)
- Salt (coarse sea salt or kosher salt works best, but if you're out of that, a pinch of table salt will do the job
- Cleaning brush (a pipe cleaner or small brush is ideal, or you can always use a toothbrush)
- A clean, dry cloth or paper towels
- Optional: some upbeat music to set the cleaning mood
Step 1: Empty and Disassemble the Bong
Before starting the cleaning process, it is important to empty the bong of any remaining water or residue. Once empty, take apart the bong into as many pieces as possible. This will allow for better access to all areas needing cleaning and make it easier for you to dance around while cleaning.
Step 2: Clean the Pieces with Hot Water
Fill a sink or basin with hot water and add a small amount of salt. Place all of the disassembled pieces of the silicone bong into the water and use the cleaning brush to scrub away any visible grime or residue. Be sure to pay extra attention to any grooves or crevices in the silicone. And don't be afraid to get a little elbow-deep in there.
Step 3: Rinse with Cold Water
After the noticeable dirt has been scrubbed away, give the pieces a good rinsing in cold water to get rid of any trace of salt or debris that may still be there. You've worked up a good sweat, so this is a good opportunity to rinse off and refresh yourself as well.
Step 4: Clean with Isopropyl Alcohol
Fill a small container or bowl with isopropyl alcohol and place the bong pieces in it. Let them to soak for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Use the cleaning brush to scrub away any remaining residue. Rinse the pieces thoroughly with cold water once again. And if you're feeling fancy, you can even add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the alcohol for a pleasant smell.
Step 5: Dry and Reassemble
Dry the bong parts completely with a clean, dry cloth or some paper towels. Reassemble the bong after it has dried. What a relief, right? The bong is finished and ready for use.
Always remember to give your bong a good cleaning to keep it functioning properly and smelling fresh. And let's be honest: no one enjoys puffing from a filthy bong. We certainly won't be doing that!
- If you keep your bong clean on a regular basis, it will be much less of a hassle to clean.
- It is possible that you will need to clean your bong more than once in order to get rid of all of the grime and buildup.
- It's also possible to use a tiny bit of dish soap to clean the bong. Helps get rid of residue and grime, but don't forget to give it a good rinse afterward to get rid of the soap.
- A solution of baking soda and water can be used for a more thorough cleaning. Scrub the bong parts with a solution made by mixing 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of warm water. Rinse it thoroughly with some H2o.
- If you want to get all fancy, you can boost the cleaning power and add a pleasant aroma to your cleaning solution by mixing in some lemon juice or vinegar. (This is completely your option)
- Keep your bong away from moisture as much as possible. After washing, make sure to dry everything completely to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
It's time to put that freshly cleaned bong to good use. Gather your pals, crank up the tunes, and light up in style. Remember that a clean bong is a happy bong.
It's clear that cleaning your silicone bong is a breeze and only takes a few minutes of your time. Cleaning your bong on a regular basis will keep it in great shape and ready for use whenever the next gathering rolls around. Enjoy your freshly cleaned Silicone Bong!
Disclaimer: The content provided in this blog post is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The information discussed is not intended to encourage or promote the illegal use of cannabis or any related activities that may be unlawful in your jurisdiction. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of any other individual or organization. The author and publisher of this blog post disclaim any liability in connection with the use of this information. It is the responsibility of the reader to comply with all applicable laws regarding cannabis in their respective jurisdictions. This blog post does not replace the need for professional legal counsel. If you have any legal concerns or questions regarding cannabis use or related activities, it is strongly advised that you consult with a qualified legal professional.